Thursday, March 17, 2022
A live virtual workshop, hosted by TVW Community Member Brandon Klein with Tessa Manahan
The Metaverse consists of highly connected and collaborative communities of artists and gamers in interconnecting virtual environments. As facilitators and designers for the common good, how do we prepare for this new collaborative environment?
In their work with clients at theDifference Consulting, our hosts have been experimenting with blending the old world skills of facilitation and collaboration design with the new tool of virtual reality.
The Metaverse consists of highly connected and collaborative communities of artists and gamers in interconnecting virtual environments. Each with their own moderators and rotating community leads with both formal and informal facilitation. Collaboration IS the default code for most projects, so what might be our role here? How do we show value in work we do as facilitators?
Questions we may explore:
- What might be interesting tools and technologies already offered that create a set of tools and models for us?
- How can we include these technologies as an extension of our physical universe in co-design of projects and workshops?
- How might we engage with communities there to help solve big design challenges of our times? (climate, SDGs, healthcare, food security, etc.)
- How to balance the valid fears around privacy and safety with the non-hierarchical communities and quite revolutionary potential it offers?
- How to ensure these spaces and experiences are safe, inclusive and do not perpetuate inequities that non-dominant individuals and groups experience in virtual and physical worlds?
- How does the currency work? How does one get paid or exchange value? (NFTs, token generation, crypto vs. traditional payment, Blockchain, etc.)
Brandon Klein a master consultant with deep experience working with senior teams on their most critical business and organisational challenges. Brandon is a longtime member of our TVW family, co-founder of Collaboration.ai and facilitator with theDifference. He has a long history of writing about and successfully directing business transformation, strategy development and implementation, technical and social crm innovation, and performance improvement efforts throughout the United States and Europe. Connect via LinkedIn.
Tessa Manahan is Solution Designer at theDifference Consulting and based in Arizona, United States. Connect via LinkedIn.
Subscribe to Learn About Upcoming Events