THE DESIGN CHALLENGE: How to motivate a critical mass of companies, investors, and cities to adopt science-based targets and stabilize Earth systems through coherent, integrated action?
A Conversation with Global Commons Alliance
- What is the Global Commons Alliance?
- What is the context for the creation of this new entity?
- What knowledge, skills, and attitude does a planet-centered, multi-year, multi-stakeholder project require?
- What structures, principles, and frameworks help to build trust and momentum?
- How did the team balance bootstrapping, funding, and pro-bono efforts?
- What were the challenges in building coalitions?
- How did you coordinate conversations and decision-making between stakeholders?
- What “emergent design” principles and models were helpful in the process?
For more about the Global Commons Alliance visit globalcommonsalliance.org
Interested in future virtual gathering conversations and education?